Meghalaya Assembly Election Schedule 2018, Meghalaya election Schedule 2018, Meghalaya State Election 2018 Announced, Meghalaya Vidhan Sabha Election Dates, Meghalaya Phase Wise Election Schedule 2018, Meghalaya Assembly Election Phase Dates, Voting Elect
- Category: North East Political News
- Last Updated: Wednesday, 28 February 2018 18:45
The Meghalaya Legislative Assembly election of 2013 was held on 23 February 2013 to elect the Members of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) from each of the 60 Assembly Constituencies (ACs) in the state of Meghalaya in India.
Meghalaya, Nagaland to vote on 27 Feb,Tripura to vote on 18 Feb, counting of votes on 3 March, says ECI
- Election to the three states will happen in two rounds.
- Tripura will vote on February 18, 2017, which is a Sunday.Meghalaya and Nagaland will vote on February 27 (Tuesday).
- Counting for all three states will be conducted on March 3, 2018. The results will be declared on the same day.
- VVPATs and EVMs will be used in the three states. While EVMs have been used for the last 20 years in these three states, VVPATs will be deployed for the first time for the Assembly polls, Joti says.
Meghalaya polls will be held sometime in February along with two other states, Tripura and Nagaland.
An election official said on Saturday that while Himachal Pradesh polls will be held on November 9 and counting of votes on December 18, the Gujarat polls will be held before the results in Himachal.
After these two states, the three states which will go to polls in the next phase are Meghalaya, Tripura, and Nagaland.
Meghalaya went to the polls last time on February 23, 2013, and the new government was formed on March 5.
Meghalaya All Imortant Links 2018 Election
|Meghalaya Assembly Election 2018 Imp. Links|
|Meghalaya Opinion Poll 2018|
|Meghalaya Assembly Election Dates 2018|
|Meghalaya candidate List 2018|
|BJP Candidate | INC Candidate | UDP Candidate|
|MLA list Meghalaya 2018|
|Cabinet Ministers List Meghalaya 2018|
|Meghalaya Exit Poll 2018|
|Meghalaya Election Results 2018 Constituency Wise|
|Meghalaya Election Results 2018 Party Wise|
|Caste wise population/details of Meghalaya|
The Meghalaya Assembly polls will be held sometime in February as the preparations, including the final electoral rolls, will be completed only by January next.
- There was speculation that the polls may be preponed to club with two other states, Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh, which are going to the polls this year end.
- However, Chief Electoral Officer Frederick Kharkongor said during the recent meeting with the officials of the Election Commission of India, the poll panel had only referred to the elections in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh scheduled for this year.
- “The Election Commission officials only asked about the 2013 date for the Meghalaya polls which was on February 23 that year,” Kharkongor said.
- He, however, said Meghalaya is ready for the polls anytime.
- Besides Meghalaya, Nagaland and Tripura will also go to polls simultaneously in the early part of next year.
- Indicating that the polls will be held as usual, he said the program for special summary revision with January 1, 2018, as the qualifying date was approved by the Election Commission during the recent meeting.
Past Assembly Election Results of Meghalaya Party Wise
|Meghalaya Assembly Results 2013|
|Garo National Council||1|
|Hill State People's Democratic Party||4|
|Indian National Congress||29|
|National People's Party||2|
|Nationalist Congress Party||2|
|North East Social Democratic Party||1|
|United Democratic Party||8|
|Meghalaya Assembly Results 2008|
|Bharatiya Janata Party||1|
|Hill State People's Democratic Party||2|
|Indian National Congress||25|
|Khun Hynniewtrep National Awakening Movement||1|
|Nationalist Congress Party||15|
|United Democratic Party||11|
|AC. Name||Winner||Votes||Party||Runner Up||Votes||Party||Margin|
|Amlarem||STEPHANSON MUKHIM||8297||Independent||LAHKMEN RYMBUI||7163||Indian National Congress||1134|
|Ampati||Dr. Mukul Sangma||15031||Indian National Congress||CLEMENT G. MOMIN||5935||National People's Party||9096|
|Baghmara||Samuel M. Sangma||Indian National Congress||SAMUEL M. SANGMA||Independent||3587|
|Bajengdoba||Brigady Marak||7139||Independent||ADOLF LU HITLER R. MARAK||6919||Indian National Congress||220|
|Click Here to know more….|
|Partywise Position in Meghalaya|
|Details of Assembly constituencies|
|Total Assembly constituencies||59 (Gen 5, SC 0, ST 55)|
|Assembly constituencies for which elections are being held||60|
|Assembly constituencies for which Candidates/Voter turnout is Available||60|
|Number of Candidates|
|Number of Candidates Parties||345 in 2013 (338 in 2008)|
|List of Meghalaya Assembly Constituencies|
|A.C. No.||Assembly Constituency Name||A.C. No.||Assembly Constituency Name|