Manipur Gram Panchayat Zilla Parishad Election Result 2017 2018 Dates Candidates Opinion Exit Poll Ward Voter list
- Category: North East Political News
- Last Updated: Wednesday, 11 October 2017 18:44
Manipur Gram Panchayat Election Result 2017
The counting of votes for the election of 60 Zilla Parishad, 161 Pradhan, and 1513 Ward members is underway.
- 3 Pradhan candidates and 391 Ward Members have been elected unopposed before the counting.
- 178 candidates are in the fray for 60 seats of Zilla Parishad.
- Counting of votes for the election of 60 Zilla Parishad, 161 Pradhan and 1513 Ward members is underway for six districts.
- Polling was held in all six valley districts of Manipur – Imphal West, Imphal East, Bishnupur, Jiribam, Kakching and Thoubal – across 1,521 polling stations. Re-polling was also ordered at 29 polling stations.
- For Imphal West district, votes are counted on 10 tables at the Lamsang RO offices.
- For Imphal East district, counting of votes will be held on 14 tables.
- Three Pradhan candidates and 391 Ward Members have been elected unopposed before the counting.
Manipur Gram Panchayat Election Dates Details 2017
- Earlier, the 5th General Panchayat election concluded peacefully on Saturday but now sources stated that the declaration of polling process in 29 polling stations as null and void by the State Election Commission, following which the fresh polls is ordered on Monday as per the re-poll schedule of the 5th Panchayat election.
- All the 29 polling stations have been declared as hypersensitive and security have been doubled up with even armed personnel deployed at each of the polling stations, sources added.
- According to the reports given by the SEC, re-poll will be held at 22 polling stations in Imphal East, 2 in Imphal West, 4 in Thoubal and one in Bishnupur. The polling will start at 8 in the morning and conclude at 4 in the afternoon.
Voting for Manipur General Panchayat Election Begins.
The voting for fifth General Panchayat elections in Manipur began on Saturday, October 7. Polling began from 8 am as people queued up in large numbers to cast their vote to elect new local body representatives including Zilla Parishad, Pradhan and ward members. In case of any election misconduct, re-polling will be held on October 9, 2017, a report claimed.
- Manipur election commission is all set to hold the general panchayat elections on October 7 next to elect new local body representatives including Zilla Parishad, Pradhan and ward members as the term of the present representatives expire on October 23 this year.
- Altogether 3,180 candidates, including 173 candidates for Zila Parishad, 446 for Pradhans and 2556 for ward members of 14 sub-divisions under six districts-Imphal West, Imphal East, Bishnupur, Jiribam, Kaching and Thoubal, will be contesting in the election this time, according to state election commision.
- 5th General Panchayat elections next month to elect new local body representatives including Zilla Parishad, Pradhan and ward members as the term of the existing representatives expires October 23 this year.
- State election commissioner Th Kamini Kumar said that the polling of the Panchayat elections will be held on October 7 from 8am to 4pm.
- A total of 7,16,813 voters including 3,48,139 males and 3,68,691 females will franchise their rights across 1521 polling stations to elect 60 Zilla Parishad Members and 161 Pradhans and 1513 ward members.
- Altogether 9126 polling personnel will be utilised and each polling station would be manned by six polling personnel each, he added.
- Along with the announcement of the election schedule, the election model code of conduct has also come into force from today in all the six valley districts.-Imphal West, Imphal East, Bishnupur, Jiribam, Kaching and Thoubal.
- The last date for filing nomination paper for the Panchayat election is August 25. Scrutiny would be done the following day that is August 26 and the last date of withdrawal has been fixed on August 29. Polling would be held on September 13 from 7 am to 4 pm, said the Secretary.
- If necessary, re-poll would be held on October 9 before the votes are counted on October 11, and all election processes would be completed by October 16. Saying that the election model code of conduct has come into force, Kamini Kumar informed. Altogether, would be elected.
District Wise Population of Manipur
|1||Imphal||Imphal East, Imphal West||250,234|
District-wise distribution of Zilla Parishad Members are Imphal East 19, Imphal West 14, Thoubal 16 and Bishnupur 11.The respective figures for Pradhans are Imphal East 56, Imphal West 39, Thoubal 42 and Bishnupur 24. In addition, 1514 ward members would be also be elected that comprises of 490 in Imphal East, 327 in Imphal West,478 in Thoubal and 219 in Bishnupur.