Imphal Municipal Council poll dates schedule candidates voting Updates 2016 ,Imphal municipal polls on June 2, IMC polls, Imphal Municipal Council committee
- Category: North East Political News
- Last Updated: Monday, 06 June 2016 18:14
Imphal Municipal Council poll dates schedule candidates voting Updates 2016 ,Imphal municipal polls on June 2, IMC polls, Imphal Municipal Council committee The state cabinet has resolved to hold election to the Imphal Municipal Council (IMC) on June 2. It is set to be a litmus test for both the ruling Congress and the opposition BJP as a show of strength for the assembly polls, likely to be held early next year.
Live Updates: Imphal Municipal Corporation election Result
- Imphal Municipal Corporation results : BJP: 5, INC: 5, IND: 3 (Till 6 PM)
- Imphal Municipal Corporation results : BJP: 4, INC: 3, IND: 1 Till 2 PM
- 4 BJP and 1 Congress in Imphal Municipal Corporation Election now
- Imphal Municipality elections Results: BJP has won the 1st seat. Leading in several seats.
- BJP Manipur Pradesh has categorically stated that they would win at least 12 Councillor seats in the Imphal Municipal Corporation (IMC).
Repoll of IMC election in Yaiskul polling station voting turnout is 85.42 %
Voting started today in Imphal Highlights Below
Highlights for Imphal Municipal Corporation Elections 2016
- In Imphal East 9 district and 189 district in Imphal West have been identified as hyper sensitive. In Imphal east 21 have been identified as sensitive and the remaining 36 as normal.
- The security deployment of armed and unnamed personnel for a polling station will compose of seven personnel including two women police each.
- Nine out of the 27 IMC wards have been reserved for women.
- 86 candidates from various political parties are contesting for the 27 seats
- 128 candidates are in the fray for 53 seats for ward members.
- BJP and INC have put up maximum candidates of 26 each for councillors, CPI have fielded five candidates, LJP three and JD(U) one with 25 independent candidates also in the fray.
- The fate of the candidates will be in the hand of 1,75,864 electorates including 91,814 female voters.
A cabinet meeting convened on Friday evening with chief minister Okram Ibobi Singh in the chair decided to hold the IMC polls to elect councillors and ward development committee members. The council's jurisdiction covers 27 municipal wards sprawling across Imphal West and Imphal East districts under seven assembly constituencies.
Government spokesperson Moirangthem Okendro Singh said the decision to hold the civic polls was adopted in accordance with the schedule prescribed by the state election commission. "Polling will be held from 8am to 4pm on June 2 and, if required, a repoll will be conducted on June 4," said Okendro, who is also the Rural Development and Panchayati Raj minister.
Draft electoral rolls will be published on April 18, and claims and objection to it will be entertained till April 22. The final electoral rolls will be published on May 2. The public notice will be issued on May 12 and the last date of filing nomination papers will be May 17, Okendro said, and added that scrutiny of the papers will be held on the next day. "Counting of votes will be held on June 6 and the entire election process will be completed by June 10," he added.
Both Congress and BJP are confident of victory in the IMC polls.