Rahul Gandhi, Smriti Irani,8th phase, phase-8, phase-8 election campaign,campaign,8th phase lok sabha campaign, 8th phase campaign, Lok Sabha election campaign ends today, lok Sabha election 2014, election 2014, Important facts about 8th phase
- Parent Category: Political News
- Last Updated: Thursday, 22 January 2015 20:57
Campaigning ends for high-voltage 8th phase of Lok Sabha elections, Some Important facts about 8th phase lok sabha poll--
- The high-voltage campaign for the 8th phase of Lok Sabha elections which saw Narendra Modi embroiled in a bitter war of words with Priyanka Gandhi and Mamata Banerjee today ended in 64 constituencies, including Amethi where Rahul Gandhi is seeking re-election and 25 seats in Seemandhra, which will go to polls on Wednesday.
- Click here... 8th Phase of lok sabha election 2014 ..>>>
- In his campaign blitz on the last day in Uttar Pradesh, where 15 seats will go to polls on May 7, Modi invoked Lord Ram in Faizabad and stormed Amethi to campaign for BJP candidate Smriti Irani, saying people now want a “change”.
- The eighth phase of polls saw Rahul’s sister Priyanka’s extensive campaign in Amethi where she attacked the BJP prime ministerial candidate while seeking votes for Congress.
- " Rahul’s cousin and BJP leader Varun Gandhi from neighbouring Sultanpuri, LJP President Ramvilas Paswan from Hajipur in Bihar and BJP stalwart Shanta Kumar from Kangra in Himachal Pradesh are among the nearly 900 candidates in fray in seven states in this phase. "
- 72 candidates are contesting in six seats in West Bengal where Modi raised the emotive issue of illegal immigrants, drawing a sharp reaction from Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee who called the BJP PM candidate a “paper tiger” and accused him of stoking communal fire. Modi hit back at Banerjee daring her to prove herself a “real tiger” by taking action against the culprits in the Saradha scam.
- Click here--Lok Sabha election result 2014
- Pressure is on the Left Front in this round to retain the six seats it had won the last time as nine-time MP Basudeb Acharia, former actresses Moonmoon Sen and Sandhya Roy and singer Babul Supriyo are expected to give a tough fight.
- In Bihar, where 118 candidates are contesting, former Bihar Chief Minister Lalu Prasad’s wife Rabri Devi is seeking to make her debut in the Lok Sabha from Saran, which is among the seven seats in the state going for polls on May 7. Rabri is pitted against BJP leader Rajiv Pratap Rudy.
- This round of elections in the Gangetic plains of Bihar will see crucial fight in Hajipur (SC) where LJP President Ramvilas Paswan is in the fray.
- Five of the seven LS seats going to the polls on Wednesady had been won by JD(U) in 2009. Saran and Maharajganj went to RJD.
- Click here...Amethi parliament election 2014 live updates...>>
- Both Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand are going for a single-phased election on Wednesday. While Himachal Pradesh has four seats, Uttarakhand has five. Baramulla and Ladakh in Jammu and Kashmir are also going to polls on Wednesday.
- After the Telangana region voted in the last phase, it is now the turn for Seemandhra region of Andhra Pradesh to cast votes on May 7, with 333 candidates contesting from 25 Lok Sabha seats. Lok Sabha and assembly elections are being held simultaneously in Andhra Pradesh.