What politician says about 8th phase polling ?, some interesting Fact of phase-8 lok sabha poll 2014, Lok Sabha election 2014 phase -8 live updates, lok sabha , Rahul Gandhi, Narendra Modi, smriti Irani, Priyanka gandhi
- Parent Category: Political News
- Last Updated: Thursday, 22 January 2015 20:57
What politician says about 8th phase polling ?, some interesting Fact of phase-8 lok sabha poll 2014.
- 8:43 pm: Amongst the Uttar Pradesh seats, Ambedkar Nagar recorded the highest voter turnout of 59.9 per cent; Allahabad registered 52.65 pc , Amethi 54.24 pc, Bahraich 57.14 pc and Balrampur 51.88 pcFull Coverage
- 8:41 pm: While West Bengal recorded 81.28 per cent polling, turnout in Jhargram was 85.67 pc, Mednipur 85.68 pc, Purulia 77.79 pc, Bankura 82.52pc, Bishnupur 89.18 pc and Asansol 76.88 pcFull Coverage
- 8:12 pm: EC: West Bengal voter turnout was 81.28 per cent for six Lok Sabha seats and Jammu & Kashmir recorded 49.98 per cent for two seats. Uttar Pradesh voter turnout was 55.52 per cent for 15 seats while Bihar recorded 58 per cent for seven seats.Full Coverage
- 8:07 pm: EC: Seemandhra registers 76.01 per cent turnout over 25 Lok Sabha seats. Uttarakhand registers 62 per cent for five Lok Sabha seats, Himachal Pradesh 65 per cent for four seats.Full Coverage
- 8:00 pm: EC: Himachal Pradesh with 66.5 per cent turnout has seen the highest percentage ever. Jammu & Kashmir has recorded 49.6 per cent voting.Full Coverage
- 6:40 pm Bengal, till 5 pm, has registered record-breaking polling with 80.51% turnout, improving on its 2009 Lok Sabha elections polling percentage. The voting, however, was marred by few untoward incidents.Full Coverage
- 6:14: Over 63% polling till 3 pm in 13 district of Seemandhra
Srikakulam: 63%; Vizianagaram: 65%; Vizag: 57%; East Godavari: 61%; West Godavari: 67%; Krishna: 62%; Guntur: 70%; Prakasam: 62%; Nellore: 63%; Kadapa: 65%; Kurnool: 63%; Anantapur: 63%; Chittoor: 61%Full Coverage
4:20 pm Over half of Andhra Pradesh and West Bengal vote till 3 pm with turnout at 54.05% and 61.76%, respectively. In Bihar, 46.13% voters cast their ballot and Himachal Pradesh turnout was 49.14% till 3 pm. Jammu and Kashmir and Uttarakhand saw voter turnout of 32.13% and 44% till 3 pm, respectively.Full Coverage
- 1:50 pm Poll percentages: Seemandhra 41.56%, Bihar 36.18%, Himachal Pradesh 37.03%, Jammu and Kashmir 23.61%, Uttar Pradesh 32.09%, WB 48.03%, Uttarakhand 31.91%..Full Coverage
- 1:48 pm: 32.08 per cent voter turnout till 1 pm. The voting percentage in Amethi was 37.50 per cent, Sultanpur 35.60, Pratapgarh 33.60, Faizabad 38, Gonda 33.3, Kaushambi 35.6, Phulpur 33.4, Allahabad 33.6, Ambedkarnagar 36.8, Bahraich 38, Kaisarganj 37.8, Shravasti 35.7, Basti 41.26, Sant Kabir Nagar 36 and Bhadohi 35.8.Full coverage
Latest poll % : Seemandhra 41.56%, voting till 1 pm. 33 % people had voted till 11 am. Kurnool district recorded the highest turnout of 41 percent while the lowest polling of 12 percent was witnessed in Guntur district. Full Coverage
- 2:50 pm Narendra Modi telephoned TDP Chief N Chandrababu Naidu and enquired about the polling pattern in Andhra Pradesh, reports said. Polling is being held today in 175 Assembly and 25 Lok Sabha constituencies of Seemandhra.
- A court case was filed against Priyanka Gandhi Wednesday for her remarks on BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, terming his speech in Amethi as "neech rajniti" (low level politics). "I have filed a case in Patna civil court against Priyanka Gandhi for insulting and hurting the sentiments of the lower castes," BJP Leaders said.
- BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi is keeping a close watch on the polling process in Seemandhra, where his party has an electoral understanding with the TDP and is hoping for a good haul of seats for the alliance. Modi telephoned TDP Chief N Chandrababu Naidu and enquired about the polling pattern in Andhra Pradesh
- A ward of words occurred between BJP candidate Smriti Irani and Priyanka Gandhi's secretary Priti Sahay at a poll booth in Amethi. Smriti objected to Sahay's presence in Amethi and had a heated argument with her, following which she left in a huff. Later, the District Magistrate asked Sahay to leave Amethi immediately.
- Bharatiya Janata Party's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, who was scheduled to hold two rallies here on Thursday, has been denied permission for one of the rallies by the district authorities.