Karnataka Gram Panchayat Zilla Parishad Election Result 2017 2018 Dates Candidates Opinion Exit Poll Ward Voter list
- Category: Himachal Pradesh News
- Last Updated: Monday, 21 August 2017 16:21
Karnataka Gram Panchayat Election Dates Details 2017
The Karnataka State Election Commission on Tuesday issued a calendar of events for the conduct of local polls to 5,844 gram panchayats in the state in two phases spread over May and June.
- The first phase of polling on May 29 will see 15 districts voting and the second phase on June 2 will have the remaining 15 districts voting. Counting of votes for both phases will be on June 5. The first phase of the election will be notified on May 11 and the second phase on May 15.
- Out of a total of 6073 gram panchayats only 5,844 are going to polls since the terms of 229 gram panchayats are either scheduled to end only in August 2015 or notified for changes or under legal scrutiny.
- Elections will be held on a non-party basis and a total of 94,458 GP members will be elected by an electorate of 2.81 crore during the two phases of polling. Fifty per cent of the seats are reserved for women. Polling will not be held in 229 GPs as their tenure will end after August 2015.
- During the second phase, on June 2, polling will be held in the remaining 15 districts—Bengaluru Urban, Bengaluru Rural, Ramanagara, Chitradurga, Davanagere, Kolar, Chikkaballapura, Shivamogga, Tumakuru, Bidar, Ballari, Kalaburagi, Yadgir, Raichur and Koppala.
District Wise Population of Karnataka