- Category: Delhi political News
- Last Updated: Thursday, 14 September 2017 12:50
DUSU Delhi University Student Union Election Results 2017 Voting Live
Delhi University announces dates for the election of office bearers of Delhi University’s Student Union (DUSU), which would be held on 12 September DU announces dates for election of office bearers of DUSU
Delhi University’s Student Union DUSU Election Results 2017 Voting Live
|DUSU Election Result 2017|
NSUI deals ABVP a blow, wins top posts.
It is two-two for Delhi University’s campus rivals in the student union elections but the Congress-backed National Students’ Union of India (NSUI) wrested the advantage winning the posts of president and vice president on Wednesday.
The Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) won the posts of secretary and joint secretary in the hotly contested polls. The RSS-affiliated association had three posts in the outgoing panel.
- President: NSUI (16299), ABVP (14709). Vice-president: NSUI (16431), ABVP (16256). Secretary: ABVP (17156), NSUI (14532). Recounting is on for joint secretary post.
ABVP managed to bag the Secreatary post. The counting of vote took place today in the Delhi University. Last year, while RSS-backed ABVP had won the post of president, vice president and secretary, Congress’ students’ union NSUI was elected to the post of joint secretary.
In a jolt for Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP), National Students Union of India (NSUI) has made a stunning comeback by winning three posts, including the crucial Presidential one. NSUI has won the President post after four years.
Polling began in the Delhi University (DU) on Tuesday for the next batch of student representatives. The voting for morning students is open from 8.30am to 1pm while the evening classes students will get chance to vote from 3pm to 7.30pm.
Nearly 1.3 lakh voters will decide on Tuesday which party gets to rule Delhi University next year. The first stage of voting is currently underway and will continue till 1 pm. The second stage of polls would start at 3 pm and end at 7.30pm.
- Voting will continue from 8 am to 1 PM.
- The Delhi University on Monday announced the dates for the election of office bearers of Delhi University’s Student Union (DUSU) and members of Central Council, the most keenly contested students’ polls in the country.
- The elections will be held on 12 September, said a statement from the university. The date and venue for the counting of votes will be announced later, it said.
- The nomination papers for the office bearers of DUSU are to be submitted to the office of the chief election officer, DUSU elections 2017-18, latest by 4 September. Nomination papers for the membership of Central Council are to be obtained from concerned colleges/departments or institutions and are also to be submitted by the same date.
- The scrutiny of nomination papers will be held on the same day following which the list of duly nominated candidates will be published, the statement said, adding that candidates can withdraw their nominations till 6 September.
- DUSU is the representative body of the students from most colleges and faculties. Apart from DUSU, which is an umbrella council, each college also has its own students’ union for which they hold separate elections.