Arvind Kejriwal launched the new initiative, announces anti-corruption helpline number for Delhi.
- Category: Delhi political News
- Last Updated: Thursday, 22 January 2015 20:53
AAP's Delhi anti-corruption helpline goes live, gets 300 calls in first 3 hrs:
A day after Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal kept his third promise and launched the much-awaited anti-corruption helpline, it had received more than 300 calls in the first three hours of its functioning.
Aam Aadmi Party's anti-corruption helpline number (011-27357169) went live on Thursday at 8 am. By 11 am, it had already received more than 300 calls.
Set up under the state vigilance department, the anti-corruption helpline cell is manned by serving and retired police personnel.
On Wednesday, Delhi CM launched a helpline number to deal with corruption and promised action within 24 hours of sting operation to expose graft.
Speaking to reporters at a news conference here, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said 011-27357169 is the anti-corruption helpline number which will work from 8 am to 10 pm.
"We will try to get a simpler four-digit number in the next few days," he said.
"People should understand that it is not a complaint number but a helpline number where people will be advised and explained by an anti-corruption department official on how to conduct a sting operation.
After doing the sting, he should get back to the same advisor following which a trap will be laid to nab the accused," he said while assuring that action will be taken within 24 hours of the sting.
The Chief Minister said the helpline makes every Delhi citizen an anti-corruption crusader. "With just a phone, every citizen has the power to expose the corrupt," he said.News By 'indiatoday'
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on measures being taken to fight corruption in the city:
- 011-27357169 will be a helpline number which will assist you in doing a sting to catch the corrupt.
- The helpline will be open from 8am to 10pm everyday.
- We are in the process of acquiring a four-digit helpline number which is easier to remember.
- This announcement makes every citizen of Delhi an anti-corruption inspector.
- Teams of Delhi Police will be on standby for any assistance.
- State vigilance department has a team which will look into the matter.
- With just a phone, every citizen has the power to expose the corrupt.
- People should fear that they might be under surveillance.
- The purpose is to create fear in the mind of every corrupt individual. Source-"ndtv"