Live Philippine presidential election Result Result Exit Poll Candidates Opinion Poll, Philippines elections 2016, Rodrigo Duterte Votes, PHVote 2016 Philippine Elections, Philippine Presidential Election News updates, Philippines President Vice President
- Category: Asia Election News
- Last Updated: Tuesday, 10 May 2016 11:57
Live Coverage: Philippine presidential election 2016 Voting Result Candidates Opinion Poll, Philippines elections 2016, Philippine Election Day May 9 2016, Rodrigo Duterte, PHVote 2016 Philippine Elections, Philippine Presidential Election News updates
Who is getting elected?
Voting closed in Philippines election, Duterte leads in early counts
- Voting ended at the Bilbao Watkins Elementary School on Monday, May 9. According to Bacolod City Mover Jhon Casinas, board of election inspectors already processed the initial tally of votes at 4 polling precincts.
- The Commission on Elections has extended the voting period to 6 pm in precincts that started at 9 am onwards.
- Presidential candidate Rodrigo Duterte cast his vote in Brgy. Matina Crossing in Davao City.
- A total of 28 vote-counting machines (VCMs) malfunctioned in various parts of Central Luzon on Election Day, according to Chief Superintendent Rudy Lacadin, director of Police Regional Office 3 in Pampanga.
- Commission on Elections Commissioner Rowena Guanzon announced that the poll body has replaced 70 malfunctioning vote-counting machines as of noontime.
It's a huge election
More than 54 million people are registered to vote across the archipelago of 7,000 islands.
|Here is what you need to know|
|Eligible Voters:||54.4 M|
|No.of Precincts (Polling Stations):||92,509|
|Seats up for grabs:||18,000 including Senate Seats (Upper House) 12/24 and House of representatives (Lower House): 291 Provincial Governors: 81 Autonomous Mindanao region: 24|
|No of posts being contested: 18069Total Registered Voters: 54.4 millionEstimated cost of holding 2016 election: $678 millionExpected voter turnout: 75-80%|
source: Election Commission: Philippines
What Opinion Poll say ?
|Philippine presidential election 2016 Opinion Poll (May1-3)|
Voting technology (and its failings)
The election will use automated voting technology, in a bid to reduce fraud and speed up the count. But in one of the biggest data breaches the country had ever experienced, personal information, including the fingerprint and passport data of around 70 million people, is thought to have been accessed by hackers. Authorities insist most information was in the public domain anyway.