Arvind Kejriwal 'invites' Narendra Modi for open debate in Varanasi, Arvind Kejriwal Invite Narendra Modi For open Discussion, Narendra Modi
- Parent Category: Political News
- Last Updated: Thursday, 22 January 2015 20:57
Arvind Kejriwal 'invites' Narendra Modi for open debate in Varanasi.
- Varanasi: Four days ahead of ninth and final phase of Lok Sabha elections, Aam Aadmi Party chief Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday invited Bharatiya Janata Party's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi for an open discussion.
- Kejriwal and Modi are pitted against each other in Varanasi Lok Sabha constituency, which will go to polls on May 12. Congress's Ajay Rai is also contesting.
- Commenting on the controversy over denial of permission to BJP to hold rallies in Varanasi, Kejriwal asked the Gujarat Chief Minister why was he politicising the issue of prayer rituals at the Ganga when the Election Commission has given him the permission for 'Ganga Aarti'.
- Showing a letter from the Election Commission which gave Modi permission to perform 'Ganga Aarti', Kejriwal added, "To perform rituals, there is no need of permission from EC. Permission from EC is required only for political activities."