Omar Abdullah Biography Family Address Contact Professional Career, Who is Omar Abdullah, Know about Omar Abdullah, Omar Abdullah Biography, Omar Abdullah political Career as Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) CM, position held by Omar Abdullah, Omar Abdullah Assets C
- Parent Category: Indian Politics
- Category: Prominent Leaders
- Last Updated: Thursday, 20 October 2016 13:28
Omar Abdullah Biography Family Address Contact Professional Career, Who is Omar Abdullah, Know about Omar Abdullah, Omar Abdullah Biography, Omar Abdullah political Career as Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) CM, position held by Omar Abdullah, Omar Abdullah Assets Criminal Records Liabilities Achievements Awards
Omar Abdullah (born 10 March 1970) is an Indian politician and the scion of one of the state's most prominent political families, the Abdullah family, who became the 11th and the youngest Chief Minister of the Indian State of Jammu and Kashmir, after forming a government in coalition with the Congress party, on 5 January 2009.
He was a member of 14th Lok Sabha, representing Srinagar constituency of Jammu and Kashmir, India.
He was a Union Minister of State for External affairs in Atal Bihari Vajpayee's NDA government, from 23 July 2001 to 23 December 2002. He resigned from NDA government in October 2002 to concentrate on party work.
Omar Abdullah was born on 10 March 1970 in Rochford, Essex, United Kingdom. He is the son of Farooq Abdullah, a qualified doctor and grandson of Sheikh Abdullah, all three of whom have been Chief Ministers of Jammu and Kashmir.His mother Mollie, an Englishwoman and a nurse by profession, was not in favor of him joining politics.He studied at the Burn Hall School located at Sonwar Bagh, Srinagar and then at Lawrence School, Sanawar.He is a B.Com graduate of Sydenham College.
He married Payal Nath,but on September 2011, he confirmed that he and his wife are separated. His younger sister, Sara Pilot, is married to Sachin Pilot, son of Rajesh Pilot.
He had a role in director Apoorva Lakhia’s film, Mission Istanbul (2008), based on international terrorism, playing himself.
|Constituency||Srinagar (Jammu and Kashmir)|
|Place of Birth||Rochford, Essex, United Kingdom|
|Political Party||Jammu and Kashmir National Conference (JKN)|
|Father Name||Farooq Abdullah|
|Children||2 Sons, Zahir and Zamir|
|Educational Qualification||Studied at Lawrence School in Sanawar. He did his B.Com from Sydenham College, Mumbai.|
|Profession before joining politics||He was posted in Hyderabad and Mumbai.|
- In 1998-99, Member of Committee on Transport and Tourism, the member of Ministry of Tourism's Consultative Committee.
- In 1999, elected for 13th Lok Sabha and also took Union Minister of State in the Commerce and Industry at Oath.
- 23 June 2002, Replacing after his father he was the president of the National Conference party.
- In 2006, Again re-elected as the president of the National Conference party for the 2nd term.
- In 2008, He was a member of 14th Lok Sabha from Srinagar constituency of Jammu and Kashmir
- 5th Jan 2009, became the 11th and the youngest Chief Minister of the Indian State of Jammu and Kashmir with the help of the Congress Party.
- When he joined politics In 1998, was elected to the 12th Lok Sabha and become the Member of Parliament at the age of 29 years.
- As a Youngest Union Minister of State who holds the porfolio of External affairs, in 2001
- On 22 July 2008, Omar gave a speech during the 2008 Lok Sabha vote of confidence, which was praised and won him fans on the internet.