Punjab University Student Union Election Results 2017 Voting Live dates Candidates Winner List
The students' election for Punjab University Campus Students Council (PUCSC) is most likely to be held on September 7. The UT administration has finalized the date and the official communication will be sent to the university officials on Tuesday, Punjab University’s Student Union Election News 2017 Schedule dates Result Live Voting
Punjab University Student Union Election Results 2017
- The National Students Union of India (NSUI), student wing of the Congress party has won three posts of Panjab University's student polls. The results were declared on Thursday. Jashan Kamboj of the NSUI won by 611 votes, he has been elected as president. The post of vice-president was also won by the NSUI candidates.
- Earlier it was neck-to-neck between NSUI and SFS. NSUI was leading on the president's post with 2,019 votes. The SFS was leading initially, but was later trailing at 1,665.
- The polling began at 9:30 am onwards in the morning.
Students' election of Punjab University to be held on September 7.
Punjab University Student Union Election Voting Live 2017
- The students' election for Punjab University Campus Students Council (PUCSC) is most likely to be held on September 7. The UT administration has finalized the date and the official communication will be sent to the university officials on Tuesday.
- According to the sources, Dean of Student Welfare (DSW) Emanual Nahar is expected to make the announcement.
- “The university had proposed three election dates, September 6, 7 and 8.
- The UT Administration finalized September 7 on Monday. The official announcement will be made by Tuesday afternoon once DSW gets the official letter,” a university official said.
- According to the sources, the counting of the votes will be centralized and will be done in the gymnasium hall like the last year. The Chandigarh administration has asked the universities to make the sure that the conduct of the elections be peaceful and for this Chief Security Officer has been directed to coordinate with the Chandigarh Police.
- When contacted, chief security officer Ashwani Kaul said, “Once the election date is officially announced, we will ensure strict implementation of the Lyngdoh Committeeʼs recommendations. We will ensure violence- free elections and peaceful campus under all circumstances. Whosoever tries to break the law and order will be dealt with strictly and the entry of outsiders will be banned”.