Mohanlal Sukhadia MLSU Maharana Pratap MPUAT Student Union Election Results 2017 Voting Date Winner List
- Category: Rajasthan News
- Last Updated: Monday, 04 September 2017 12:12
MLSU and MPUAT Schedule dates Result Live Voting
Mohanlal Sukhadia University (MLSU) and Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology (MPUAT), the process for filing of the nomination papers for electing the new students unions were completed on Wednesday.
Mohanlal Sukhadia University (MLSU) and Maharana Pratap University Udaipur of Agriculture and Technology (MPUAT) Student Union Polls 2017
- Mohanlal Sukhadia University (MLSU) and Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology (MPUAT), the process for filing of the nomination papers for electing the new students unions were completed on Wednesday. Nominations were also filled at the constituent colleges of both the universities as well as the government colleges in Udaipur division.
- It may be known that the students union polls in the division were postponed owing to the Prime Minister's visit on August 29. The polling would be held on September 4. Despite strict instructions on the prohibition of rallies and processions to be taken out by candidates, streets were flooded with students, supporters who raised slogans to cheer their candidates as they proceeded to the union hall to file the nominations. At MLSU, Ronak Garg (NSUI) and Bhawani Shankar Boriwal (ABVP) filed nominations for the coveted presidential post.
- The process for filing of the nominations papers began at 10 am and the candidates were allowed to enter from the main gate. The candidates were seen arriving at the gate in large processions but were allowed to enter the campus with selected supporters. A thorough checking of the all the valid documents and affidavits were assured by the authorities while taking the nomination papers. After the scheduled time to file nominations i.e 3 pm at MLSU, there were 5 candidates for the presidential post, while 4 each for vice president and general secretary and 3 candidates for joint secretary. The number of total voters at MSLU's Arts college is 2706, science college 2772, commerce college 4378 and Law college is 1627.
- "The candidates can withdraw or file their objection, against any of the candidate on Thursday and by the evening of the same day, the tentative final list of the valid candidates would be displayed," Prof Madan Singh Rathore, Dean Students Welfare, MLSU told TOI. The authorities had made elaborative arrangements wherein a separate team of employees, headed by faculty members, received the nomination papers for different posts of the student union. Every candidate was asked to leave the campus as soon as he or she filed the nomination.