Punjab Election Results 2017 Live Party Constituency Wise Vote Margin Assembly, Lok Sabha, Municipal, Panchayat, Bye Election Results
AAP removes Sucha Singh Chhotepur as the Punjab unit convener, Aam Aadmi Party , Sucha Singh Chhotepur Punjab Chief ,Punjab assembly polls 2016
- Parent Category: Election Results
- Last Updated: Saturday, 27 August 2016 11:15
AAP removes Sucha Singh Chhotepur as the Punjab unit convener, Aam Aadmi Party, Sucha Singh ChhotepurPunjab Chief ,Punjab assembly polls 2016,PAC
The Aam Aadmi Party today removed Sucha Singh Chhotepur as its Punjab chief over allegations that he took bribe for assigning a constituency to a party candidate for the assembly elections to be held early next year.
The PAC met in New Delhi a few hours after an emotionally charged Chhotepur addressed the media in Chandigarh, ignoring pleas by Sanjay Singh, AAP’s Punjab political affairs in-charge, not to do so. He was accompanied by a large number of supporters. Among them were disgruntled ticket aspirants, who threatened to launch a party.
In Chandigarh, Chhotepur accused party leaders Durgesh Pathak and Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia of hatching a conspiring against him but desisted from making any allegation against Kejriwal.
- Mr Chhotepur has denied the allegation calling it a "conspiracy" at a press conference in Chandigarh, and accused AAP chief and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal of being anti-Sikh.
- He was being punished by Mr Kejriwal, he said, because he had, "as a true Sikh refused to lie" to the media about not being aware of a youth manifesto released by AAP for Punjab.
- Mr Mann said a two-member committee would investigate the charges against Mr Chhotepur, who would also be called in to explain his point of view.
- Mr Chhotepur has been part of both the Akali Dal and the Congress in Punjab, before he teamed up Mr Kejriwal, who asked him to build the party ahead of the elections in Punjab, where AAP hope to replicate its big Delhi win.If found innocent, Chhotepur could be back on the post, a party spokesperson said.