- Category: Andhra Pradesh Political News
- Last Updated: Friday, 01 September 2017 11:50
Kakinada Municipal Corporation KMC election results 2017 Ward Division Wise Winner List
Find Latest Kakinada Municipal Election Results 2017 Exit poll Dates Candidate list Opinion Poll Voter List KMC Municipal Corporation Mahanagar Palika polls News Update KMC Election Results 2012, Andhra Pradesh municipal elections 2017
Kakinada Municipal Corporation KMC election Results Live 2017
- Results will be declared today.
- Counting Completed for 48 divisions of KMC.
|TDP + BJP
- SeshuKumari from TDP Won with lowest majority of 20 votes from 38th Division
- TDP Candidate Hemalatha won with the highest margin of 1433 votes
- Kampara Ramesh from YCP Won with 553 votes majority
- Meesala SriDevi from 23 Division from YCP Won
- A VaraLakshmi from 8 Division from TDP Won
- Vanamadi Uma Shanker from 14 Division from TDP Won
- R MangaRathnam from 27 Division from TDP Won
- M Sesha Kumari from 38 Division from TDP Won
- G Satyavathi from 41 Division from BJP Won
- P Lovababu from 1 Division from TDP Won
- Ambati Kranthi from 7 Division from TDP Won
- Mosa Danamma from 10 Division from TDP Won
- Bala KameshwaraRao from 13 Division from TDP Won
- Gangadhar from 16 Division from TDP Won
- P Anantha Kumar from 19 Division from TDP Won
- K Seetha from 25 Division from TDP Won
- Sunkara Pavani from 28 Division from TDP Won
- Bangaru Sathyavathi from 31 Division from TDP Won
- Thaherkhathoon from 34 Division from TDP Won
- Lanke Hemalatha from 37 Division from TDP Won
- Siva Prasanna from 40 Division from TDP Won
- P Surya Kumari from 4 Division from YCP Won
- John Kishore from 22 Division from YCP Won
- P Surya Kumari from 4th Division from YCP Won
- M Dhanamma from 10th Division from TDP Won
- A Kranthi from 7th Division from TDP Won
- Kishore Kumar from 22nd Division from YCP Won
- P Lovababu from 1st Division from TDP Won
Kakinada Municipal Corporation KMC election Voting Live 2017
Kakinada Municipal Corporation elections are taking place today. The voting began at 7 AM on Tuesday and will be concluding at 5 PM.
Voting starts for KMC elections, as scheduled for 48 divisions.
Around 2.80 lakh urban voters will exercise their franchise.
- Voting in 192 polling stations out of which 35 are hyper-sensitive polling stations
TDP and BJP are in alliance and The YSRCP is fighting it alone.
TDP promised to give mayor post to Kapus.
It is after 12 years, the elections for KMC are being held. Last time, it was held in 2005 and the tenure of that elected body ended in 2010. Since then, it has been special officer regime.
Kakinada Municipal Corporation KMC election 2017
- Caste plays an important role in any elections and Kakinada Municipal Corporation election is no different. In fact, caste equations will be the deciding factor in the KMC elections, that are being held after a long gap. Out of the total population of 3.25 lakh people, BCs form a large chunk with fishermen community (16 castes and sub-castes) followed by forward castes, which is dominated by Kapu community.
- Hyderabad High Court on Thursday refused to postpone or cancel the election to the Kakinada Municipal Corporation.
- Elections to the Kakinada Municipal Corporation will be held for only 48 divisions instead of the 50. The State Election Commission has suspended elections for two divisions, Nos. 42 and 48, located in the three merged villages -Swamy Nagar, Teachers Colony and S. Achutapuram - and issued election schedule for 48 divisions.
- While admitting petitions filed challenging the GO issued by the AP government notifying 48 wards in the Kakinada Municipal Corporation and the consequent notification issued by the State Election Commission to conduct election to the civic body, Justice P Naveen Rao said the poll would not be stayed.
- Petitioners Medisetty Eswara Rao, Tadi Bhavani Prasad and T William Harry, residents of Kakinada in East Godavari district, filed petitions separately challenging the election.
- The counsels for Eswara Rao and Prasad submitted that the law mandates that a minimum of 50 wards participate in municipal corporation polls and to escape from contempt proceedings, authorities had fixed boundaries in a hurried manner in violation of the law. After hearing both sides, the judge dismissed the miscellaneous petitions saying that the court could not intervene once notification was issued. The judge held that the election process shall go on as per schedule.
Kakinada Municipal Corporation KMC Election Schedule 2017
|August - 7 to10||Nominations|
|Aug-31||Re-polling (If any)|