M. Venkaiah Naidu Biography Family Address Contact Website Professional Career, M. Venkaiah Naidu Rajya Sabha Member from RAJASTHAN, M. Venkaiah Naidu , M. Venkaiah Naidu Rajya Sabha, Who is M. Venkaiah Naidu , About M. Venkaiah Naidu Rajya Sabha Member,A
- Category: Rajya Sabha
- Last Updated: Wednesday, 19 October 2016 15:27
Brief About M. Venkaiah Naidu Biography Family Address Contact Website Professional Career, M. Venkaiah Naidu Rajya Sabha Member from RAJASTHAN, M. Venkaiah Naidu , M. Venkaiah Naidu Rajya Sabha, Who is M. Venkaiah Naidu , About M. Venkaiah Naidu Rajya Sabha Member,Address Mobile Contact Details M. Venkaiah Naidu , Assets Education Criminal Cases M. Venkaiah Naidu , Profession Liabilities M. Venkaiah Naidu
|Name||M. Venkaiah Naidu|
|S/O,D/O,W/O||Late M. Rangaiah Naidu|
|Address||G-11, Fascinate Homes, 12Th Cross, 8Th Main, Malleswaram, Bengaluru-560003|
|Self Profession||Political And Social Worker (Presently Union Cabinet Minister)|
|Spouse Profession||House Wife|
|Contact||9013222333, 011-23019387 & 23019388|
|Spouse(s)||Usha (m. 1971)|
|Children||Harshvardhan, Deepa Venkat|
Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu (born 1 July 1949) is an Indian politician serving as the Union Minister of Urban Development, Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation and Information & Broadcasting in the Narendra Modi government.A prominent leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party, he has also served as its national president from 2002 to 2004.Earlier, he was the Union Cabinet Minister for Rural Development in the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government.
Naidu was born on 1 July 1949 at Chavatapalem, Nellore, Andhra Pradesh.He completed his schooling from V.R. High School, Nellore & pursued his bachelor's degree in Politics and Diplomatic Studies from V.R. College. Later, he acquired a bachelor's degree in Law with specialisation in International Law from Law College, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam.
Having been associated with the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh from his childhood, he started his career in politics as a student leader of the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad in the year 1973–74 after being elected as the president of the students union of Andhra University Colleges. He came into spotlight for his prominent role in the Jai Andhra Movement of 1972. While Kakani Venkataratnam led the movement from Vijayawada, Venkaiah Naidu took active part in the agitation in Nellore, until it was called off a year later.
In 1974, he became the convener of the anti corruption Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Narayan Kshatra Sangharsha Samiti of Andhra Pradesh. He took to streets in protest against the emergency and was imprisoned. From 1977–80, he was President of the Youth Wing.
- 1973–74 : President, Students Union, Andhra University
- 1974 : Convener, Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan Yuvajana Chatra Sangharsha Samithi, Andhra Pradesh
- 1977–80 : President, Youth Wing of Janata Party, Andhra Pradesh
- 1978–85 : Member, Legislative Assembly, Andhra Pradesh (2 terms)
- 1980–85 : Leader, B.J.P Legislative Party in Andhra Pradesh
- 1985–88 : general secretary, Andhra Pradesh State B.J.P.
- 1988-93 : President, Andhra Pradesh State B.J.P.
- 1993 – September 2000 : National general secretary, Bharatiya Janata Party
- Secretary, B.J.P. Parliamentary Board
- Secretary, B.J.P. Central Election Committee
- Spokesperson of the B.J.P.
- Since 1998 : Member, Rajya Sabha from Karnataka (3 terms)
- 30 September 2000 to 1 July 2002 : Minister of Rural Development, Government of India
- 1 July 2002 to 5 October 2004 : National President, Bharatiya Janata Party
- April 2005 onwards : National Vice-President, Bharatiya Janata Party.
- 26 May 2014: Union minister of Urban Development, Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation and Parliamentary Affairs