Digvijay Singh Biography family profession career life interests Address Contact,Digvijay Singh Rajya Sabha Member from MADHYA PRADESH, Digvijay Singh Biography, Digvijay Singh , Digvijay Singh Rajya Sabha, Who is Digvijay Singh , About Digvijay Singh Raj
- Category: Rajya Sabha
- Last Updated: Monday, 10 October 2016 11:14
Digvijay Singh Biography family profession career life interests,Digvijay Singh Rajya Sabha Member from MADHYA PRADESH, Digvijay Singh , Digvijay Singh Rajya Sabha, Who is Digvijay Singh , About Digvijay Singh Rajya Sabha Member,Address Mobile Contact Details Digvijay Singh , Assets Education Criminal Cases Digvijay Singh , Profession Liabilities Digvijay Singh
Brief About Digvijay Singh Rajya Sabha Member from MADHYA PRADESH ,Digvijay Singh Biography family profession career life interests .Here are all details of Digvijay Singh Address, Mobile, and Contact Details of Digvijay Singh. Assets Education Criminal Cases Profession and Liabilities of Digvijay Singh
|S/O,D/O,W/O||Sri Balvadra Singh|
|Address||House No. 25,Kila Awadi Ward No.6Th.Raghogadh Dist.Guna (M.P.)Pin No.473226|
|Self-Profession||M.L.A.Pention ,M.P.Pention Rent ,Intrest,Agriculture|
|Spouse||Late Shrimati Asha Digvijaya Singh|
|Children||One son and four daughters|
|Education||B.E. Educated at S.G.S.I.T.S., Indore, Madhya Pradesh|
|Profession before joining politics||Political and Social Worker|
|Positions Held||1977-80, 1980-84, 1994-98, 1998-2003 and 2003-2008 Member, Madhya Pradesh Legislative Assembly 1980-84 Minister, Irrigation, Agriculture, Fisheries and Animal Husbandry, Government of Madhya Pradesh 1984-89 Member, Eighth Lok Sabha 1991-Dec. 1993 Member Tenth Lok Sabha Dec. 1993-Dec. 1998 and Dec. 1998- Dec. 2003 Chief Minister, Madhya Pradesh April 2014 Elected to Rajya Sabha|
|Term||10/04/2014 to 09/04/2020|
|Member of||Rajya Sabha|
Digvijaya Singh (born 28 February 1947) is an Indian politician and a Member of Parliament in the Rajya Sabha. He is also currently a General Secretary of the Indian National Congress party's All India Congress Committee. Previously, he had served as the 9th Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, a central Indian state, for two terms from 1993 to 2003. Prior to that he was a minister in Chief Minister Arjun Singh's cabinet, during 1980–84.
Political career (Positions held by Digvijay Singh)
- 1969: President of the Raghogarh Municipal Council
- 1977, 1980: Became a Member of Parliament from Raghogarh in Guna District
- 1980: Cabinet Minister managing Agriculture, Animal Husbandry Fisheries Irrigation and Command Area Development
- 1984, 1991: Member of Parliament from Rajgarh
- 1985: President of Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee
- 1992: President of MP Congress Committee
- 1993, 1998: Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh
- 2013: General Secretary of the All India Congress Committee
- 2013: Member of the committee chaired by Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi for 2014 General Elections
Digvijay Singh's Controversies
- 2004 land scam: An FIR was registered against Digvijay Singh by Special Police Establishment of Lok Ayukta, Madhya Pradesh for his involvement in a land scam. He was charged under Prevention of Corruption Act as well as criminal conspiracy.
- Batla House encounter case: In 2011, Digvijay Singh suggested that the Batla House encounter case was fake. However, his opinion was rejected by the Congress. In 2013, the court also declared that the encounter was not staged. However, Singh denies to accept the judgement.
- In another instance he was in controversy because he compared RSS to the Nazis. He holds the view that the RSS targets Muslims just like Nazis aimed to destroy Jews in the 1930s.
- Sunil Joshi murder case: Sunil Joshi was an RSS activist charged for his involvement in the Ajmer Dargah attack. On December 29, 2007, his dead body was found at Dewas, Madhya Pradesh. Digvijay wanted the CBI to probe into the the murder of Joshi. He holds the view that Joshi was murdered because "he knew too much".
Digvijay Singh's interests before entering politics
- Played hockey, cricket and football at school and college level
- Played cricket at zonal level
- Played squash at national level
- An avid wildlife photographer