- Category: Political News
- Last Updated on Friday, 20 April 2018 16:33
Rajya Sabha Elections 2018
Rajya Sabha Election Dates 2018,BJP Candidates, Rajya Sabha Election 2018, Rajya Sabha Election Schedule Dates 2018, Rajya Sabha Election 2018 Schedule dates 2018, Rajya Sabha Candidates, Bjp Candidates, 2018, Rajya Sabha Elections, Modi Cabinet, Union Ministers ,Rajya Sabha Renominations,BJD, Statewise Scenario,result,Rajya Sabha Election Result 2018,unopposed candidate
Rajya Sabha Elections 2018: State-Wise Scenario
- In the biennial elections for the 58 Rajya Sabha seats from sixteen states this year.
- 33 candidates from ten states have been unanimously elected, in the remaining six states.
- Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Karnataka, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh and Telangana polling will be held on 23 March to elect 25 members for the Upper house.
- The ten states where candidates are unanimously elected are Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Odisha and Uttarakhand.
- the Six Union ministers including Ravi Shankar Prasad, Prakash Javadekar Dharmendra Pradhan, J P Nadda, Purshottam Rupala, Thawar Chand Gehlot and Mansukh Mandavia were declared elected unopposed to the Rajya Sabha, whereas Finance Minister Arun Jaitley is in the contest from Uttar Pradesh.
Rajya Sabha Election Result 2018
|Name of Winning Candidate||Party||State|
|Anil Desai||Shiv Sena||Maharashtra|
|Abir Ranjan Biswas||TMC||West Bengal|
|CM Ramesh||TDP||Andhra Pradesh|
|Subhasish Chakraborty||TMC||West Bengal|
|Abhishek Manu Singhvi||Congress||West Bengal|
|Nadimul Haque||TMC||West Bengal|
|Santunu Sen||TMC||West Bengal|
|J. Santosh Kumar||TRS||Telangana|
|AB. Lingaiah Yadav||TRS||Telangana|
|Anil Jain||BJP||Uttar Pradesh|
|Dr L Hanumanthaiah||Congress||Karnataka|
|Dr Syed Naseer Hussain||Congress||Karnataka|
|G C Chandrasekhar||Congress||Karnataka|
|Arun Jaitley||BJP||Uttar Pradesh|
|GVL Narasimha Rao||BJP||Uttar Pradesh|
|Anil Agarwal||BJP||Uttar Pradesh|
|Vijay Pal Tomar||BJP||Uttar Pradesh|
|Kanta Kardam||BJP||Uttar Pradesh|
|Ashok Bajpai||BJP||Uttar Pradesh|
|Harnath Yadav||BJP||Uttar Pradesh|
|Sakaldeep Rajbhar||BJP||Uttar Pradesh|
Rajya Sabha Elections 2018: State-Wise
|2||West Bengal||Nadimul Haque (renominated)||TMC|
|Abhishek Manu Singhvi||Congress|
|3||Uttar Pradesh||Arun Jaitley||BJP|
|Vijay Pal Singh Tomar|
|Sakal Deep Rajbhar|
|Harnath Singh Yadav|
|GVL Narasimha Rao|
|Anil Kumar Agarwal|
|4||Telangana||J Santosh Kumar||Telangana Rashtra Samiti|
|B Lingaiah Yadav|
|Pradeep Kumar Sonthalia|
The complete list of those who have been elected unopposed:
|1. CM Ramesh – Telugu Desam Party|
|2. KR Kumar – Telugu Desam Party|
|3. VP Reddy – YSR Congress Party|
|1. Ravi Shankar Prasad – BJP|
|2. Akhilesh Prasad Singh – Congress|
|3. Mahendra Prasad – Janata Dal (United)|
|4. BN Singh – Janata Dal (United)|
|5. Manoj Jha – RJD|
|6. Ashfaque karim – RJD|
|1. Parshottam Rupala – BJP|
|2. ML Mandaviya – BJP|
|3. Naranbhai Rathwa – Congress|
|4. Amee Yajnik – Congress|
|1. Lt Gen DP vats – BJP|
|1. JP Nadda – BJP|
|1. Rajmani Patel – Congress|
|2. Dharmendra Pradhan – BJP|
|3. Kailash Soni – BJP|
|4. AP Singh – BJP|
|5. TC Gehlot – BJP|
|1. Prakash Javadekar – BJP|
|2. Narayan Rane – BJP|
|3. V Muraleedharan – BJP|
|4. Anil Desai – Shiv Sena|
|5. Kumar Ketkar – Congress|
|6. Vandana Chavan – Nationalist Congress Party|
|1. Prashanta Nanda – Biju Janata Dal|
|2. Achyuta Samanta – Biju Janata Dal|
|3. SR Patnaik – Biju Janata Dal|
|1. Kirodi lal Meena – BJP|
|2. Madan Lal Saini – BJP|
|3. Bhupender Yadav – BJP|
|1. Anil Baluni – BJP|
BJD Nominated Candidates For Rajya Sabha Elections
- BJD candidates Prashanta Nanda, Soumya Ranjan Patnaik and Achyuta Samanta filed their nomination papers for the Rajya Sabha elections from Odisha.
BJP Nominated Candidates For Rajya Sabha Election
- BJP re-nominated all the eight Union ministers.
- Arun Jaitley has been nominated as a candidate for the Upper House from Uttar Pradesh.
- Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan has been shifted to Madhya Pradesh from Bihar.
- Javadekar has been shifted to his home state Maharashtra from Madhya Pradesh
- Empowerment Minister Thawar Chand Gehlot has been re-nominated from native Madhya Pradesh
- Health Minister J P Nadda has been re-nominated from Himachal Pradesh.
- Agriculture Parshottam Rupala has been re-nominated from Gujarat.
- Chemicals and Fertilizers Mansukh Bhai Mandaviya has been re-nominated from Gujarat.
- Union Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad has been re-nominated from Bihar
- All these eight ministers of the Modi Cabinet are retiring from the Rajya Sabha.
|Last date for making Nominations||12-Mar-18|
|Last date for withdrawal of candidature||15-Mar-18|
|Date of Poll||23-Mar-18|